After 16 hours of flight time- 8 to Amsterdam followed by a 5 hour layover and another 5 to Nairobi- I am finally here. Wildebeest is an amazing place. The main house is an old manor and there are many tents on the perimeter. The place is completely full- lots of travelers and tons of students going to the conference. It was great to finally meet all the MFI Connect members who I’ve been in touch with all these months. I could not be more excited to finally be here. It’s all actually happening! Sitting around talking about all of our experiences is pretty awesome- MFI Connect has done an amazing job of bringing us all together...
We have an early morning tomorrow followed by a long day of field visits. We’re going to the Kibera slums to see a Jami Bora project. This will be my first true field microfinance experience where we'll get to meet some of the clients and see the projects first hand. Can barely sleep with excitement.
No comments:
Post a Comment