Sunday, April 4, 2010

off to amsterdam

I’m sitting in the airport right now- hour left until we board!
I can’t believe that this day is finally here. None of this felt real until yesterday when I woke up and thought to myself that I would be off to Africa, tomorrow. I am so excited. Not nervous at the moment although I can imagine I’ll feel some nerves as I get closer. I cannot wait to meet Julius tomorrow night, he’s picking me up at the airport. Julius Okach is the coordinator of Nyanya Project programs in Kenya. I have been communicating with him via email for months now and have imagined the day we would meet.
So I'll be staying this week at Wildebeest Camps... (http://www.wildebeesttravels.com/) Not really sure what to expect- looks like an awesome place- all the students from the MFI Connect delegation are staying there.

No comments:

Post a Comment