Monday, June 14, 2010

night of luxury

I spent yesterday at a children's emergency health clinic after waking up at Upperhill to find my rash had gotten much worse and much itchier. The doctors immediately knew that the rash was not, in fact, scabies but just a horrible allergic reaction to something in my environment.
Five hours and 4 cortisone shots later, I was released and told to go to the cleanest, most controlled environment I could find so I got a room at the Stanley hotel. It was very startling being in such a nice environment last night- everything from a glass of wine with dinner to a heated hand towel before I ate. I am feeling much better and am going to buy my own sleeping bag this afternoon so that I can avoid sleeping on some surfaces from now on! Tonight I'm sleeping at another hotel which will take less of a hit on my budget and hopefully I will be off to Kaputei tomorrow (Wednesday) afternoon.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment