I started this blog when I traveled to Nairobi, Kenya for the Africa-Middle East Microcredit Summit Conference in the first week of April. I am returning to East Africa this summer to conduct research with a Wake Forest professor, Mary Martin Niepold. I will blog (as much as possible) about my experiences in Kenya, Tanzania and Rwanda.
Saturday, June 12, 2010
plans have changed
So turns out I'm still in Nairobi... with scabies. About twenty minutes before I was supposed to meet Beatrice in town today I stopped by the pharmacy to get some Benadryl-like medicine for a strange rash that I have on my legs. The pharmacist informed me that I have scabies- essentially microscopic bugs that bite you all over. My neck, back and legs are COVERED. I slept in Charlie's very old, worn sleeping bag in Naiti and I think that's the source, although many things about the Masaai lifestyle could cause this. My friend at the pharmacy told me that I shouldn't travel for at least 3 days until this is gone so I won't be at Kaputei until at least Wednesday. I am extremely itchy and trying to not scratch :( A bunch of us are going to watch the USA v. England game at 9:30- this is probably the only game that I will be rooting for the US. I now have three unexpected "free" days to watch the games!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment